Thursday, June 08, 2006

Chapter Four

Sentinel left her quarters, running to catch up with Vader.

She caught up to him just as he was entering the cockpit. Before she could speak, he said “The Emperor has sent us a request that we drop out of light speed and converse with him.”

“Is that what you were coming to tell me, m’Lord?”

“Yes. That, and that we simply must improve your taste in music.”

“Was there any hint of what he wants to talk to us about, m’Lord?”

“No. Bring us out of lightspeed, and open a channel. And let me do the talking.”

“Yes, m’Lord.”

She rushed past him into the cockpit, and brought the ship out of lightspeed. She noted that the closest system to their position was the Lanari system. She opened a communication channel, and after some negotiation with the software and with various comm-ops personnel at Coruscant, the Emperor appeared before them on the holo-channel. She slid from her seat and bowed on one knee next to Vader.

“Lord Vader, Lord Sentinel, I have a new task for the two of you.”

“Yes, my Master”, Vader answered.

“I have reports before me that there is a Rebellion contingent at Lanari IV, specifically at one of the medical facilities of the city Thaadra. I need you both to infiltrate the facility and report back to me with any information you find. I don’t have accurate information about which medical facility is in use by our enemies, although it is likely to be the one indicated in the files I am...” his image was pressing some buttons, “sending to you. Once you have verified which facility is our target, send that information back to me, and any other relevant information, and I will dispatch a contingent of clones to... excise them from the planet’s surface.” the Emperor’s image seemed to brighten in intensity in emphasis of the word ‘excise’.

“As you wish, my Master”, Vader answered.

The Emperor’s form vanished, and the comlink channel made an audible bleep as the connection was absolved.

Sentinel rose with Vader, and took her seat in the co-pilot’s chair. Vader remained standing.

“We’re only 3 hours out from Lanari IV at lightspeed. The Emperor’s timing is impeccable”, she reported, after having consulted the navputer.

“Plot a course and engage.”

“Yes, m’Lord”

“I will be in my quarters, meditating. Do not disturb me until we are a half hour out from dropping from lightspeed. Do NOT exit lightspeed until I am present.”

“Yes, m’Lord”. It was well known that Vader’s timing in gaining undetected access to installations and spaceports via spaceships was unequaled, and she was grateful to know he apparently intended to handle that aspect of this unexpected mission.

Vader left her alone in the cockpit.



Goto Chapter Five

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill C said...

Again, good story progress, flow and content. I liked Vader's remark about improving Sentinel's taste in music; it implies some development on Vader's side in their personal (vs. "professional") relationship. You might consider expanding it a little with a reaction, either spoken or in-mind, on Sentinel's part. Even just a slight break in her walking stride; seems like his remark should catch her off-guard, surprise her. No time for extended reflection so she'd quickly recover and ask her question about the upcoming communication. Just seems like a good bit to exploit, or at least plant a hook for later development.

6/09/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Sith Snoopy said...

Yeah, you're right. Will change it in the final version. :)

6/09/2006 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home